Print this page


To be able to work in child care/preschool centers and programs, individuals must have the necessary permits. The following permits are issued by the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing:

Child Development Assistant Permit

Child Development Associate Teacher Permit

Child Development Teacher Permit

Early Care, Education, and Family Studies (cont.)

Child Development Master Teacher Permit

Child Development Site Supervisor Permit

Child Development Program Director Permit

For more information on the permits and the process, please contact the CA Commission on Teacher Credentialing at:

Box 944270, Sacramento, CA 94244-2700. (888) 921-2682; E-mail:; Website: